This post was updated on 26/01/19
I am delighted to say Simply Shine has been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. When I think about why I blog, this lights me up. I love helping and inspiring women to live simply and shine bright to life their best life.
I would like to thank Miriam at But Still Breathing for nominating me.
Here are the rules for the award:
Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
Nominate new bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are the questions I was set with my answers…
Why did you start blogging?
I have always enjoyed writing of one sort or another. At school it was keeping a journal, creative writing and letter writing. Then when I when I started feeling ill five years ago, I kept a symptoms diary and journal. I identified patterns and triggers to my symptoms to see what I could learn and help my recovery. I am now using those entries to write http://retrainbrainandsimply-shine.co.uk/ A blog dedicated to my journey with FND, how I learnt to enjoy life again and get my shine back and how others can too. There is so little help and information on the condition; I offer a little support through my blog and social media and it so rewarding.
However I then realised too many women put pressure on themselves. I’ve learnt that the diary doesn’t have to be full, that you don’t need to multi-task or have a to-list as long as your arm, quite often looking after other people. And in fact life is more enjoyable when you slow down, be mindful and enjoy the here and now. I want to spread that message and help empower woman to live simply and shine bright in life, by investing in themselves.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
At what age? I went through phases. At one point I wanted to be a social worker because then I could help people. I like to think I am doing that in a small way now
3. If you were an animal, which animal would you be, and why?
Since getting my handsome black Labrador last year I would have to say, I would be a dog. All he thinks about is eating, playing and sleeping and who is going to give him attention next. That last bit sounds more high maintenance than I feel comfortable with, however I was talking about my dog…….
4. Who inspired you to write, and what did they say?
This gorgeous man, pictured on our wedding day. He always encourages me to live my best life and I try and do the same for him.
5. What’s your biggest regret (and if you could go back and change it, what would you do differently?)
I don’t think it’s very helpful to have regrets. There are little things in life that I think, “I wish I’d done X Y Z”. I don’t think I have any big regrets.
6. What is your proudest achievement so far?
Working hard to understand my Functional Neurological Disorder triggers and retraining my brain to improve my health, wellbeing and happiness. This is an ongoing process and I’m still working hard on my self-development.
7. What’s the best thing you’ve EVER eaten?
That’s quite a statement. However what first came to mind, is this chocolate orange cake from Chiquitos. In fact, I had it two days running!
8. What was the moment you realized you were really an adult?
Buying a house, with a mortgage!
9. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
To help and inspire others to stop the glorification of busy and to slow down. For them to understand the importance of self-care. To live simply and shine bright in life.
10. If money were no object, where would you choose to travel?
Almost anywhere near the beach. There is something really calming and relaxing about being by the water.
11. Salty or sweet?
Sweet mostly. But then there’s sweet and salty popcorn!
So there you have it. I hope you enjoyed reading it and finding out a little more about me.
I nominate the following:
Debra at https://lifestyleandluxuries.com/
Kat at http://www.shesagentry.com/
Jess at http://withopenwings.com/
Hannah at http://www.buddingsmiles.co.uk/
And your questions are:
- What’s the best thing about blogging for you?
- If you could have any other career, what would it be?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- If you could be in a TV program or film for a month, what would it be and why?
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- What’s your morning ritual?
- Do you have any bad habits you wish you erase?
- Do you think you are currently operating at 100% capacity?
- Have you ever unplugged from the internet for a week or more?
- If you could have dinner with any fictional character, who would it be. Why?
- What is your personal anthem or theme song?
Looking forward to reading your responses!