This post was updated on 16/05/21
This is the final post in a series on How to Live Simply to Shine in Life. You can read the second post in the series here-Ten Tips for a Simple Home. This post will focus on enjoying life’s simple pleasures.
I’m sure you’ve heard the expression
Happiness is not a destination. It’s a way of life.
We keep searching for something-not always knowing what we are searching for, but thinking that once X happens I’ll be happy. Or I need to do this, then I will be happy. Living simply is about enjoying the here and now, living mindfully and enjoying every day things. Therefore you will enjoy every day, and not just live for the weekend.
So today I bring you a list of life’s little pleasures, that we shouldn’t take for granted
- Savouring your morning coffee or tea
- Curling up with a good book
- Being around animals
- Calling a friend for a catch up
- Taking a sip of your favourite drink
- Feeling warm sand on your feet
- Crunching through leaves
- Sitting in front of a roaring fire-in Winter!
- Sitting in a pub garden-in Summer!
- Going for a walk
- Treating yourself or being treated, to fresh flowers
- Putting on your favourite music and dancing around!
- Relaxing in a bubble bath
- A home cooked meal
- Lighting and enjoying the fragrance of a scented candle
- An afternoon nap
- Watching a comedy program or film and having a good laugh
- The breeze from an open window
- A good hair day
- Clean bed sheets
What simple pleasures do you consider luxuries? Do you make them part of your day or week?
If you like this, you would probably also be interested to read. Slowing down to enjoy life more