Simple Meals for a Simple Life
This is the forth post in a series on How to Live Simply to Shine in Life. You can read the second post in the series here-Ten Tips for a Simple Home. This post will focus on simple meals and meal planning.
Imagine finishing work for the day knowing what you’ll eat for dinner that evening. Knowing you have a fridge full of healthy fresh food, rather than having to dash to the supermarket. Less stress, more enjoyment with your meal times can be the result.
Like the sound of that? Keep reading.
Advantages to Keeping Meals Simple
- It will encourage you to cook from scratch. You’ll know what’s going you’re your food so you can control the ingredients and portion sizes!
- Sharing food with others is a simple pleasure. By keeping meals simple you’ll be able to enjoy the time with friends and family more.
- You can optimise quality over quantity. You can use less ingredients but better-quality ones.
- Overall though, eating meals in this way will save you money, as you will only buy what you need.
- Less washing up-bonus!
5 Tips for Keeping Meals Simple
- Have themes for days, Monday might be meat-free or fish on Fridays. This makes deciding what to cook when so much easier.
- OK this might be a little too nerd-like for some, however another great tip that helps me and my friends is to have a spreadsheet of favourite meals. You therefore don’t need to start from scratch each time you decide what to cook.
- Once a week/month use the spreadsheet and add meal ideas to days.
- Shop online-this makes life so much easier. Also you can set up shopping lists on the supermarket sites. In addition, Ocado offer “Your Instant Shop.” It creates your orders based on items you like to buy.
- Display the menu plan in the kitchen so everyone in the house knows what’s for dinner. Less pressure on one person that way and maybe preparing the meal could be a joint effort.
I would love to hear any tips you have on keeping meals and meal planning simple. Comment below and let’s make our lives even easier.